Check my other posts:
- 902,806 hits
Top Posts & Pages
- Ducati Monster 696 - Test ride and review
- The Ducati Diavel Strada - First Ride
- Che Guevara and the Norton Motorcycle
- Back to Basics: Scramblers!
- The Ducati and the Wooden Boat show in Toledo, Oregon
- The Honda Africa Twin is back!
- Scrambler Ducati new models: Cafe Racer and Desert Sled
- 2015 Honda VFR800X Crossrunner: What it is. What it isn't.
- Yamaha T7: An ideal adventure/rally machine one step closer to reality!
- Riding the 2016 Ducati Multistrada DVT
- As long as it doesn’t rain, I take the beast for a stretch. It’s fall around here, and soon we will have mostly rainy days, if weather history still serves as a predictor. #eugeneoregon #jeep #jeepster #jeepstercommando #jeeplife #commando #fall #1967jeepster #seafoamgreen #seafoamgreenjeepster #veteransday2019Fall ride. Took a day off to ride with old friends! And what a nice ride it was. I’ve forgotten how nice the Oregon backroads on the coastal range are! And how great it is to ride with friends who make getting lost a sport. “When you hit a fork, take it” was mentioned yesterday. The ride started with fog and by the time we were out of town the sun came out. Perfect temperatures. #fall #fallriding #fallride #hondacb500x #cb500xadventure #cb500xrallyraidstage3 #cb500xrallyraid #coastalrange @gopro7 @hypersmooth @tipivillageretreatoregonA one minute summary of my week in Guam, the week of October 7th. The work event went very well, thank you to all who helped make it a successful event! It must be noted that on October 8th we were hit by the emerging Typhoon Hagibis. It passed to the north of Guam, touched Saipan before hitting Japan in full Super Typhoon force! My thoughts go to all who were impacted by this strong natural disaster! In Guam we were lucky to only experience some of its force. #guam #tumonbay #tumonbeach #micronesia #marianaislands #typhoon #typhoonhagibis #gunbeachA short summary of my visit to American Samoa. What great people, great culture, great landscapes, all in an isolated corner of the world, but close to the geographical center of Polynesia. Great week of work! #americansamoa #pagopago #polynesian #polynesia #travel #pacificI took this photo of the World Trade Center in 1988. Looking at my work calendar today, I noticed several meetings, organized just like any other day, it’s another Wednesday. But 18 years ago to this date I was starting my work day in Columbus, OH, when I heard the news these towers were hit by two airplanes. I can never forget the feeling of irreparable loss I felt at that moment. The world has not been the same since. What have we learned from such a tremendous loss? I don’t claim to have answers. But hope we never forget all who died on that day. #911memorial #worldtradecenter #twintowers #manhattan #nyc #september11While riding in the Alvord Desert playa last week (Labor Day weekend) it was hard not to think about Jessi Combs. There were two clear marks left on the ground by something that was traveling at tremendous speed on the north south direction. Rest In Peace Jessi. I hope that what you’ve done continues to inspire more people, specially girls, to pursue endeavors, academic or not, in the areas of science, technology, engineering and mathematics. We all miss you, but your message will continue. Music by Yan Terrien, Flying High #alvorddesert #alvordplaya #oregon #southeastoregon #stem #stemgirls #mythbusters #overhaulin’ #allgirlsgarage #jessicombsfoundation #jessiecombs
Author Archives: cesardagord
Forget about motorcycles, let’s do something else for mechanical entertainment. It is not an April fool’s joke, neither a permanent decision. It reflects, however, the need to get my lawn mower ready for the grass growing season. And why not … Continue reading
I would guess everyone has a short list of places they like to visit multiple times. The Death Valley is one of these places for me. Geographically speaking it is large enough for me to experience new places every time … Continue reading
There is always a motorcycle that will inspire me to write or ride. Usually they are adventure or scrambler motorcycles. Every now and then, though, there is a different kind of motorcycle being the source of inspiration. The last time … Continue reading
Nothing like an unusually set of cold weeks here in west-central Oregon for me to officially start the count down for Spring . March 20 is when it will happen in 2017. As of today 62 days separate us from … Continue reading
Are you ready for this? Exactly two years ago, at EICMA 2014, Honda delivered a concept motorcycle, the much rumored and anticipated Africa Twin. To many it was the answer for what they always wanted. To others, myself included, it … Continue reading
There is no question heritage, classic, retro-looking motorcycles continue to be popular. There is something about that basic motorcycle design where a gas tank looks like a gas tank, the motor is visible and it is air-cooled, and headlights are … Continue reading
Mobile phones rendered landline telephones obsolete. Smartphones are killing the digital consumer cameras which only a few years earlier rendered film cameras obsolete. Uber has disrupted the taxi cab industry. Youtube and Netflicks are disrupting cable TV faster than cable … Continue reading
Have you ever wondered why GPS devices are so expensive when they are designed for motorcycles? Upfront I can already tell you, I don’t have an answer. Anyway, let’s talk about it and about GPS devices in general and see … Continue reading
Should I upgrade my 2013 Ducati Multistrada Pikes Peak with the 2016 Pikes Peak model? That’s the question. I’m not the only one grappling with this question since 2015, when Ducati incorporated many upgrades to the Multistrada, especially the DVT … Continue reading