Check my other posts:
- 901,420 hits
Top Posts & Pages
- Ducati Monster 696 - Test ride and review
- Riding the 2014 Water-Cooled BMW R1200GS
- Riding the BMW R nineT
- 2015 Honda VFR800X Crossrunner: What it is. What it isn't.
- Riding the 2016 BMW S1000XR
- KTM 790 R and Yamaha T7 / 700XTZ Ténéré: Are Hardcore, Adventure-Rally Motorcycles Finally Coming to Market?
- XTZ 700 - Yamaha's new mid-size Ténéré
- What is an Adventure Motorcycle?
- Riding the BMW R NineT, thinking about the BMW R NineT Scrambler
- Che Guevara and the Norton Motorcycle
- As long as it doesn’t rain, I take the beast for a stretch. It’s fall around here, and soon we will have mostly rainy days, if weather history still serves as a predictor. #eugeneoregon #jeep #jeepster #jeepstercommando #jeeplife #commando #fall #1967jeepster #seafoamgreen #seafoamgreenjeepster #veteransday2019Fall ride. Took a day off to ride with old friends! And what a nice ride it was. I’ve forgotten how nice the Oregon backroads on the coastal range are! And how great it is to ride with friends who make getting lost a sport. “When you hit a fork, take it” was mentioned yesterday. The ride started with fog and by the time we were out of town the sun came out. Perfect temperatures. #fall #fallriding #fallride #hondacb500x #cb500xadventure #cb500xrallyraidstage3 #cb500xrallyraid #coastalrange @gopro7 @hypersmooth @tipivillageretreatoregonA one minute summary of my week in Guam, the week of October 7th. The work event went very well, thank you to all who helped make it a successful event! It must be noted that on October 8th we were hit by the emerging Typhoon Hagibis. It passed to the north of Guam, touched Saipan before hitting Japan in full Super Typhoon force! My thoughts go to all who were impacted by this strong natural disaster! In Guam we were lucky to only experience some of its force. #guam #tumonbay #tumonbeach #micronesia #marianaislands #typhoon #typhoonhagibis #gunbeachA short summary of my visit to American Samoa. What great people, great culture, great landscapes, all in an isolated corner of the world, but close to the geographical center of Polynesia. Great week of work! #americansamoa #pagopago #polynesian #polynesia #travel #pacificI took this photo of the World Trade Center in 1988. Looking at my work calendar today, I noticed several meetings, organized just like any other day, it’s another Wednesday. But 18 years ago to this date I was starting my work day in Columbus, OH, when I heard the news these towers were hit by two airplanes. I can never forget the feeling of irreparable loss I felt at that moment. The world has not been the same since. What have we learned from such a tremendous loss? I don’t claim to have answers. But hope we never forget all who died on that day. #911memorial #worldtradecenter #twintowers #manhattan #nyc #september11While riding in the Alvord Desert playa last week (Labor Day weekend) it was hard not to think about Jessi Combs. There were two clear marks left on the ground by something that was traveling at tremendous speed on the north south direction. Rest In Peace Jessi. I hope that what you’ve done continues to inspire more people, specially girls, to pursue endeavors, academic or not, in the areas of science, technology, engineering and mathematics. We all miss you, but your message will continue. Music by Yan Terrien, Flying High #alvorddesert #alvordplaya #oregon #southeastoregon #stem #stemgirls #mythbusters #overhaulin’ #allgirlsgarage #jessicombsfoundation #jessiecombs
Category Archives: Travel
Traveling with a trailer was a new adventure for me, and I learned many things about RV’ing on this five-day trip. However, in preparing for it there was only one question that kept coming back and again, which really worried … Continue reading
Frequent travel for work, then holiday vacation, and the Pacific Northwest winter weather all conspired to keep me away from my motorcycle shed in the last few months. I like traveling and I like flying, so I will not complain … Continue reading
Last Sunday was the 35th Oregon Vintage Motorcycle Show. I decided to go and take a look! I got my Multistrada ready for the short hop to the Benton County Fairgrounds in Corvallis, where the show takes place every year. … Continue reading
The Multistrada found its way into my garage for me to open my street riding horizons. It is here to take me on long distance trips while bringing an edge to the touring side of riding, the Ducati edge I … Continue reading
This post is written in memory of my Uncle André Benito D’Agord (Tio Benito). After several days of rainy and cold weather I was more than ready to ride when things cleared on the weekend’s weather forecast. And to compensate … Continue reading
[This story is a continuation from my previous post, Metolius River, 2012 Edition.] Leaving the Metolius River area [Sunday, September 2] I rode south towards the Crater Lake via 97, following along the transition between the Cascades and the Oregon’s … Continue reading
On June 7th the local paper announced that a massive section of a floating dock set free by Japan’s tsunami had washed ashore on the Oregon coast. The earthquake and the following tsunami happened in March 11th, 2011. This floating … Continue reading
Even if you are not an avid movie viewer you may have seen or at least heard of the 1978 film Animal House. If that is the case, you may also know that it was filmed in Oregon, mostly in … Continue reading
I was invited to participate and present on a meeting taking place in Wenatchee, in the state of Washington, on June 8th. It is nice to have meetings scheduled for places outside my regularly visited cities. On my seventh year … Continue reading