Check my other posts:
- 902,806 hits
Top Posts & Pages
- Ducati Monster 696 - Test ride and review
- The Ducati Diavel Strada - First Ride
- Che Guevara and the Norton Motorcycle
- Back to Basics: Scramblers!
- The Ducati and the Wooden Boat show in Toledo, Oregon
- The Honda Africa Twin is back!
- Scrambler Ducati new models: Cafe Racer and Desert Sled
- 2015 Honda VFR800X Crossrunner: What it is. What it isn't.
- Yamaha T7: An ideal adventure/rally machine one step closer to reality!
- Riding the 2016 Ducati Multistrada DVT
- As long as it doesn’t rain, I take the beast for a stretch. It’s fall around here, and soon we will have mostly rainy days, if weather history still serves as a predictor. #eugeneoregon #jeep #jeepster #jeepstercommando #jeeplife #commando #fall #1967jeepster #seafoamgreen #seafoamgreenjeepster #veteransday2019Fall ride. Took a day off to ride with old friends! And what a nice ride it was. I’ve forgotten how nice the Oregon backroads on the coastal range are! And how great it is to ride with friends who make getting lost a sport. “When you hit a fork, take it” was mentioned yesterday. The ride started with fog and by the time we were out of town the sun came out. Perfect temperatures. #fall #fallriding #fallride #hondacb500x #cb500xadventure #cb500xrallyraidstage3 #cb500xrallyraid #coastalrange @gopro7 @hypersmooth @tipivillageretreatoregonA one minute summary of my week in Guam, the week of October 7th. The work event went very well, thank you to all who helped make it a successful event! It must be noted that on October 8th we were hit by the emerging Typhoon Hagibis. It passed to the north of Guam, touched Saipan before hitting Japan in full Super Typhoon force! My thoughts go to all who were impacted by this strong natural disaster! In Guam we were lucky to only experience some of its force. #guam #tumonbay #tumonbeach #micronesia #marianaislands #typhoon #typhoonhagibis #gunbeachA short summary of my visit to American Samoa. What great people, great culture, great landscapes, all in an isolated corner of the world, but close to the geographical center of Polynesia. Great week of work! #americansamoa #pagopago #polynesian #polynesia #travel #pacificI took this photo of the World Trade Center in 1988. Looking at my work calendar today, I noticed several meetings, organized just like any other day, it’s another Wednesday. But 18 years ago to this date I was starting my work day in Columbus, OH, when I heard the news these towers were hit by two airplanes. I can never forget the feeling of irreparable loss I felt at that moment. The world has not been the same since. What have we learned from such a tremendous loss? I don’t claim to have answers. But hope we never forget all who died on that day. #911memorial #worldtradecenter #twintowers #manhattan #nyc #september11While riding in the Alvord Desert playa last week (Labor Day weekend) it was hard not to think about Jessi Combs. There were two clear marks left on the ground by something that was traveling at tremendous speed on the north south direction. Rest In Peace Jessi. I hope that what you’ve done continues to inspire more people, specially girls, to pursue endeavors, academic or not, in the areas of science, technology, engineering and mathematics. We all miss you, but your message will continue. Music by Yan Terrien, Flying High #alvorddesert #alvordplaya #oregon #southeastoregon #stem #stemgirls #mythbusters #overhaulin’ #allgirlsgarage #jessicombsfoundation #jessiecombs
Category Archives: Riding the BMW Dakar
This time of the year I start count downs. There is a count down for December 21st, the winter solstice, after when I will enjoy days getting longer. And the count down to Spring, and the return of sunny and … Continue reading
I organized a couple of days off from work to go to the Steens Mountain and meet a few friends there. To accomplish this task, that was the plan: on Saturday I would prep the bike and gear. And on … Continue reading
Summers are short in Oregon. Short but sweet, as when it engages it stays locked in gear for its duration. One is safe to say that once July arrives we can plan outdoor activities without worrying about rain gear until … Continue reading
I was invited to a cook out organized by the local Triumph dealership. I had been thinking about riding on US101, always nice to go check the Ocean. And I had been thinking about testing my new screen and GPS … Continue reading
When it stops raining in Eugene for a few days in the middle of the Winter, I take advantage of it. I always keep the bikes ready for action! January offered a few opportunities this year. On my first two … Continue reading
“Let’s go for a ride!” advertised our local BMW motorcycle dealer. They organized in early August a day-ride called “Conquer the Cascades” which would run on a dirt road on a ridge of the Cascade Mountains starting just south of … Continue reading
Time to get those cobwebs moved out of the way. Winter, move over! February can be cold, and wet. But we can get a few dry days… and when that happens, I just get the bike ready for a spin. … Continue reading
Oregon has a collection of very tall trees. Their location are usually kept in secret. Why would you ask? Vandalism is the answer. These large trees have survived natural fires, man made fires, and the logging industry for many, many … Continue reading
The local BMW motorcycle dealer is one of my usual “hangouts” on Saturday mornings. I go there to drool over the new machines. But Scott, Madeline and Kendrik, along with their staff at the shop: Lin, Doug, Tom and the … Continue reading