Check my other posts:
- 619,486 hits
- Scrambler Ducati new models: Cafe Racer and Desert Sled
- Disruptive Innovations and the Future of the Motorcycle Industry
- Why are motorcycle GPS devices so expensive? (and other mumblings about GPSes)
- Should I upgrade my 2013 Ducati Multistrada Pikes Peak with the DVT model?
- The 2017 BMW R NineT Scrambler is here!
Top Posts & Pages
- 2017 BMW R NineT Scrambler - First Look
- XTZ 700 - Yamaha's new mid-size Ténéré
- Riding the BMW R nineT
- Riding the 2014 Water-Cooled BMW R1200GS
- Ducati Monster 696 - Test ride and review
- Riding the 2016 Ducati Multistrada DVT
- Riding the 2016 Scrambler Ducati
- A Ducati Multistrada 939?
- Testing the 2013 Ducati Multistrada (and how it compares to the 2010-12 Multistrada)
- The Honda Africa Twin is back!
Category Archives: Riding the BMW Dakar
This time of the year I start count downs. There is a count down for December 21st, the winter solstice, after when I will enjoy days getting longer. And the count down to Spring, and the return of sunny and … Continue reading
I organized a couple of days off from work to go to the Steens Mountain and meet a few friends there. To accomplish this task, that was the plan: on Saturday I would prep the bike and gear. And on … Continue reading
Summers are short in Oregon. Short but sweet, as when it engages it stays locked in gear for its duration. One is safe to say that once July arrives we can plan outdoor activities without worrying about rain gear until … Continue reading
I was invited to a cook out organized by the local Triumph dealership. I had been thinking about riding on US101, always nice to go check the Ocean. And I had been thinking about testing my new screen and GPS … Continue reading
When it stops raining in Eugene for a few days in the middle of the Winter, I take advantage of it. I always keep the bikes ready for action! January offered a few opportunities this year. On my first two … Continue reading
“Let’s go for a ride!” advertised our local BMW motorcycle dealer. They organized in early August a day-ride called “Conquer the Cascades” which would run on a dirt road on a ridge of the Cascade Mountains starting just south of … Continue reading
Time to get those cobwebs moved out of the way. Winter, move over! February can be cold, and wet. But we can get a few dry days… and when that happens, I just get the bike ready for a spin. … Continue reading
Oregon has a collection of very tall trees. Their location are usually kept in secret. Why would you ask? Vandalism is the answer. These large trees have survived natural fires, man made fires, and the logging industry for many, many … Continue reading
The local BMW motorcycle dealer is one of my usual “hangouts” on Saturday mornings. I go there to drool over the new machines. But Scott, Madeline and Kendrik, along with their staff at the shop: Lin, Doug, Tom and the … Continue reading