Check my other posts:
- 905,012 hits
Top Posts & Pages
- Ducati Monster 696 - Test ride and review
- What is an Adventure Motorcycle?
- Riding the BMW R nineT
- Riding the 2016 BMW S1000XR
- Riding the 2014 Water-Cooled BMW R1200GS
- If I had to have only one motorcycle, what would it be? (reflections on a trip to the coast)
- Scrambler Ducati new models: Cafe Racer and Desert Sled
- Riding the 2016 Ducati Multistrada DVT
- The Honda Africa Twin is back!
- KTM 790 R and Yamaha T7 / 700XTZ Ténéré: Are Hardcore, Adventure-Rally Motorcycles Finally Coming to Market?
- I bought this 1980 Honda CX500 to turn it into a project, the idea was to make it into a brat or scrambler. But then it grew on me as it is, with its awkward 1980’s design. The 1980’s has to be the worst decade for designs and looks, what with the mullet and shoulder pads. Anyway, for now it stays as is because of its unique (let’s call it that) looks and because it’s in great shape. But it may as well be sold as is, since I need space in my garage. Let’s see what Spring will tell us. #honda #1980sfashion #1980svintage #1980cx500 #1980hondacx500 #tasteofspringAs long as it doesn’t rain, I take the beast for a stretch. It’s fall around here, and soon we will have mostly rainy days, if weather history still serves as a predictor. #eugeneoregon #jeep #jeepster #jeepstercommando #jeeplife #commando #fall #1967jeepster #seafoamgreen #seafoamgreenjeepster #veteransday2019Fall ride. Took a day off to ride with old friends! And what a nice ride it was. I’ve forgotten how nice the Oregon backroads on the coastal range are! And how great it is to ride with friends who make getting lost a sport. “When you hit a fork, take it” was mentioned yesterday. The ride started with fog and by the time we were out of town the sun came out. Perfect temperatures. #fall #fallriding #fallride #hondacb500x #cb500xadventure #cb500xrallyraidstage3 #cb500xrallyraid #coastalrange @gopro7 @hypersmooth @tipivillageretreatoregonA one minute summary of my week in Guam, the week of October 7th. The work event went very well, thank you to all who helped make it a successful event! It must be noted that on October 8th we were hit by the emerging Typhoon Hagibis. It passed to the north of Guam, touched Saipan before hitting Japan in full Super Typhoon force! My thoughts go to all who were impacted by this strong natural disaster! In Guam we were lucky to only experience some of its force. #guam #tumonbay #tumonbeach #micronesia #marianaislands #typhoon #typhoonhagibis #gunbeachA short summary of my visit to American Samoa. What great people, great culture, great landscapes, all in an isolated corner of the world, but close to the geographical center of Polynesia. Great week of work! #americansamoa #pagopago #polynesian #polynesia #travel #pacificI took this photo of the World Trade Center in 1988. Looking at my work calendar today, I noticed several meetings, organized just like any other day, it’s another Wednesday. But 18 years ago to this date I was starting my work day in Columbus, OH, when I heard the news these towers were hit by two airplanes. I can never forget the feeling of irreparable loss I felt at that moment. The world has not been the same since. What have we learned from such a tremendous loss? I don’t claim to have answers. But hope we never forget all who died on that day. #911memorial #worldtradecenter #twintowers #manhattan #nyc #september11
Tag Archives: 2013 Multistrada
If you are one of the few regular readers of this blog you must be wondering what happened to my posts, as we now reach almost one year without a new post. I don’t have an answer, except that I … Continue reading
Nothing like an unusually set of cold weeks here in west-central Oregon for me to officially start the count down for Spring . March 20 is when it will happen in 2017. As of today 62 days separate us from … Continue reading
It’s still raining here today and I still have plenty of stories to tell from my rides this summer. I had big ideas for this summer, going to Alaska was one of them. In the end, there were only rides … Continue reading
It is a rainy weekend here in Eugene. I’ve been to the garage a few times already this Sunday morning, checking on my bikes, touching them, I’d rather be riding! Instead, it’s another story I’m writing. This one was the … Continue reading
The Multistrada found its way into my garage for me to open my street riding horizons. It is here to take me on long distance trips while bringing an edge to the touring side of riding, the Ducati edge I … Continue reading
As you have guessed from my previous two posts, I chose the Multistrada as my next step from the Streetfighter. I picked it up Saturday morning, March 9th, a nice sunny day making it a great way to start this … Continue reading
The weekend before last I had the privilege of riding, back to back, two great motorcycles: the 2010 Multistrada and the brand new 2013 Multistrada. After a short three years in production we have here a rather long list of … Continue reading