Check my other posts:
- 902,806 hits
Top Posts & Pages
- Ducati Monster 696 - Test ride and review
- The Ducati Diavel Strada - First Ride
- Che Guevara and the Norton Motorcycle
- Back to Basics: Scramblers!
- The Ducati and the Wooden Boat show in Toledo, Oregon
- The Honda Africa Twin is back!
- Scrambler Ducati new models: Cafe Racer and Desert Sled
- 2015 Honda VFR800X Crossrunner: What it is. What it isn't.
- Yamaha T7: An ideal adventure/rally machine one step closer to reality!
- Riding the 2016 Ducati Multistrada DVT
- As long as it doesn’t rain, I take the beast for a stretch. It’s fall around here, and soon we will have mostly rainy days, if weather history still serves as a predictor. #eugeneoregon #jeep #jeepster #jeepstercommando #jeeplife #commando #fall #1967jeepster #seafoamgreen #seafoamgreenjeepster #veteransday2019Fall ride. Took a day off to ride with old friends! And what a nice ride it was. I’ve forgotten how nice the Oregon backroads on the coastal range are! And how great it is to ride with friends who make getting lost a sport. “When you hit a fork, take it” was mentioned yesterday. The ride started with fog and by the time we were out of town the sun came out. Perfect temperatures. #fall #fallriding #fallride #hondacb500x #cb500xadventure #cb500xrallyraidstage3 #cb500xrallyraid #coastalrange @gopro7 @hypersmooth @tipivillageretreatoregonA one minute summary of my week in Guam, the week of October 7th. The work event went very well, thank you to all who helped make it a successful event! It must be noted that on October 8th we were hit by the emerging Typhoon Hagibis. It passed to the north of Guam, touched Saipan before hitting Japan in full Super Typhoon force! My thoughts go to all who were impacted by this strong natural disaster! In Guam we were lucky to only experience some of its force. #guam #tumonbay #tumonbeach #micronesia #marianaislands #typhoon #typhoonhagibis #gunbeachA short summary of my visit to American Samoa. What great people, great culture, great landscapes, all in an isolated corner of the world, but close to the geographical center of Polynesia. Great week of work! #americansamoa #pagopago #polynesian #polynesia #travel #pacificI took this photo of the World Trade Center in 1988. Looking at my work calendar today, I noticed several meetings, organized just like any other day, it’s another Wednesday. But 18 years ago to this date I was starting my work day in Columbus, OH, when I heard the news these towers were hit by two airplanes. I can never forget the feeling of irreparable loss I felt at that moment. The world has not been the same since. What have we learned from such a tremendous loss? I don’t claim to have answers. But hope we never forget all who died on that day. #911memorial #worldtradecenter #twintowers #manhattan #nyc #september11While riding in the Alvord Desert playa last week (Labor Day weekend) it was hard not to think about Jessi Combs. There were two clear marks left on the ground by something that was traveling at tremendous speed on the north south direction. Rest In Peace Jessi. I hope that what you’ve done continues to inspire more people, specially girls, to pursue endeavors, academic or not, in the areas of science, technology, engineering and mathematics. We all miss you, but your message will continue. Music by Yan Terrien, Flying High #alvorddesert #alvordplaya #oregon #southeastoregon #stem #stemgirls #mythbusters #overhaulin’ #allgirlsgarage #jessicombsfoundation #jessiecombs
Category Archives: Product Reviews
Mobile phones rendered landline telephones obsolete. Smartphones are killing the digital consumer cameras which only a few years earlier rendered film cameras obsolete. Uber has disrupted the taxi cab industry. Youtube and Netflicks are disrupting cable TV faster than cable … Continue reading
Have you ever wondered why GPS devices are so expensive when they are designed for motorcycles? Upfront I can already tell you, I don’t have an answer. Anyway, let’s talk about it and about GPS devices in general and see … Continue reading
How many times I stared at this ad which is found on the last pages of American motorcycle magazines, where this Harbor Freight, made in China, Pittsburgh brand motorcycle lift is available for US$299.99. I never bought it until now … Continue reading
It had been a long time coming. Since the time the Multistrada arrived and became my touring bike, the Tiger was to assume the “adventure” role. I’ve taken the Tiger on several dirt and gravel road rides with its factory … Continue reading
I’ve been looking for an upgrade to the Canon S-95. My ideal camera has the S-95 size, an about 5x zoom lens, and an APS-C sensor, such as what we see on DSLRs. But I know that is virtually impossible … Continue reading
My bikes spent the winter “protected” by a thin layer of dried up mud. When finally an actual spring weekend arrived, instead of riding I took the time to work on the yard and clean the bikes. In life we … Continue reading
If you build it, they will come. And for motorcycle travel, if we install travel bags or cases on our motorcycle, we will fill all that space with gear, and then attach something more to it. More often than not, … Continue reading
There are few cameras that meet my most important criteria: be small enough to fit in a pants’ pocket, and still take reasonable shots. I came across a few positive reviews of the Canon S95, I took a closer look … Continue reading