Check my other posts:
- 902,807 hits
Top Posts & Pages
- Ducati Monster 696 - Test ride and review
- The Ducati Diavel Strada - First Ride
- Che Guevara and the Norton Motorcycle
- Back to Basics: Scramblers!
- The Ducati and the Wooden Boat show in Toledo, Oregon
- 2015 Honda VFR800X Crossrunner: What it is. What it isn't.
- Riding the BMW R nineT
- Scrambler Ducati new models: Cafe Racer and Desert Sled
- The Honda Africa Twin is back!
- Yamaha T7: An ideal adventure/rally machine one step closer to reality!
- As long as it doesn’t rain, I take the beast for a stretch. It’s fall around here, and soon we will have mostly rainy days, if weather history still serves as a predictor. #eugeneoregon #jeep #jeepster #jeepstercommando #jeeplife #commando #fall #1967jeepster #seafoamgreen #seafoamgreenjeepster #veteransday2019Fall ride. Took a day off to ride with old friends! And what a nice ride it was. I’ve forgotten how nice the Oregon backroads on the coastal range are! And how great it is to ride with friends who make getting lost a sport. “When you hit a fork, take it” was mentioned yesterday. The ride started with fog and by the time we were out of town the sun came out. Perfect temperatures. #fall #fallriding #fallride #hondacb500x #cb500xadventure #cb500xrallyraidstage3 #cb500xrallyraid #coastalrange @gopro7 @hypersmooth @tipivillageretreatoregonA one minute summary of my week in Guam, the week of October 7th. The work event went very well, thank you to all who helped make it a successful event! It must be noted that on October 8th we were hit by the emerging Typhoon Hagibis. It passed to the north of Guam, touched Saipan before hitting Japan in full Super Typhoon force! My thoughts go to all who were impacted by this strong natural disaster! In Guam we were lucky to only experience some of its force. #guam #tumonbay #tumonbeach #micronesia #marianaislands #typhoon #typhoonhagibis #gunbeachA short summary of my visit to American Samoa. What great people, great culture, great landscapes, all in an isolated corner of the world, but close to the geographical center of Polynesia. Great week of work! #americansamoa #pagopago #polynesian #polynesia #travel #pacificI took this photo of the World Trade Center in 1988. Looking at my work calendar today, I noticed several meetings, organized just like any other day, it’s another Wednesday. But 18 years ago to this date I was starting my work day in Columbus, OH, when I heard the news these towers were hit by two airplanes. I can never forget the feeling of irreparable loss I felt at that moment. The world has not been the same since. What have we learned from such a tremendous loss? I don’t claim to have answers. But hope we never forget all who died on that day. #911memorial #worldtradecenter #twintowers #manhattan #nyc #september11While riding in the Alvord Desert playa last week (Labor Day weekend) it was hard not to think about Jessi Combs. There were two clear marks left on the ground by something that was traveling at tremendous speed on the north south direction. Rest In Peace Jessi. I hope that what you’ve done continues to inspire more people, specially girls, to pursue endeavors, academic or not, in the areas of science, technology, engineering and mathematics. We all miss you, but your message will continue. Music by Yan Terrien, Flying High #alvorddesert #alvordplaya #oregon #southeastoregon #stem #stemgirls #mythbusters #overhaulin’ #allgirlsgarage #jessicombsfoundation #jessiecombs
Category Archives: Riding the Ducati
This was my fourth visit to Northern California with the 2013 Ducati Multistrada Pikes Peak. There is no question to me, this type of travel, this type of motorcycle, having it loaded with travel gear and all, riding it on … Continue reading
What a beautiful sunny Sunday, a great day to take the Multistrada on a shakedown ride, a great day to be reminded of how great this motorcycle is. This has been an unusual year in terms of my riding priorities. … Continue reading
It seems spring has come and is gone already. Either that or time flies when you are busy riding, busy at work, busy researching for blog posts, and also spending some time abroad in this mix. But I’ve managed to … Continue reading
Not much. Except that it is often where my friends find rental houses for the weekends when we get together on the coast. I had this trip marked on my calendar long time ago. When was it going to happen … Continue reading
The weekend before last I ran into my friend Ricardo and his wife at a local grocery store. I had not seen him for a while, as we usually see each other on the soccer pitch and both of us … Continue reading
Sunday morning the sun was out early. Doug would be joining me on my first Pacific Ocean loop of 2014. The Ducati is ready! Because one of my neighbors’ cats picked the Ducati as a territory marker (he has done … Continue reading
It’s still raining here today and I still have plenty of stories to tell from my rides this summer. I had big ideas for this summer, going to Alaska was one of them. In the end, there were only rides … Continue reading
It is a rainy weekend here in Eugene. I’ve been to the garage a few times already this Sunday morning, checking on my bikes, touching them, I’d rather be riding! Instead, it’s another story I’m writing. This one was the … Continue reading
I can’t believe… this ride happened in early summer… I’m still in June on my reporting while at the present time we are at the end of September here in Eugene and it has been raining for a few weeks … Continue reading
The Multistrada found its way into my garage for me to open my street riding horizons. It is here to take me on long distance trips while bringing an edge to the touring side of riding, the Ducati edge I … Continue reading