Check my other posts:
- 604,917 hits
- The 2017 BMW R NineT Scrambler is here!
- A Ducati Multistrada 939?
- The Honda CB500X Adventure – Part 5: Riding it on Death Valley – Is it an adventure motorcycle?
- The Honda CB500X Adventure – Part 4: Riding it on Death Valley – first impressions
- A KTM, a Ducati, and a Yamaha walk into a mid-size adventure bar…
Top Posts & Pages
- 2017 BMW R NineT Scrambler - First Look
- XTZ 700 - Yamaha's new mid-size Ténéré
- Riding the BMW R nineT
- Riding the 2014 Water-Cooled BMW R1200GS
- A Ducati Multistrada 939?
- Ducati Monster 696 - Test ride and review
- Riding the 2016 Scrambler Ducati
- Riding the 2016 BMW S1000XR
- The Honda Africa Twin is back!
- Riding the 2016 Ducati Multistrada DVT
Category Archives: Riding the Yamaha
I like to complete my stories, and this report of my September 2013 trip to the Steens Mountain got side tracked and I never wrote its last chapter. Among other stories already published after my last 2013 Steens post, I … Continue reading
Our plan for the third day in the Steens Mountain area was to ride the Trout Creek Mountain loop. I had ridden the Trout Creek Loop for the first time in 2010, great roads, great views, and I was looking … Continue reading
What is your favorite road? Most riders have a favorite road or type of roads, the place where the rider + motorcycle + road combination provides the best riding experience. It could be a favorite road because of where it … Continue reading
The Steens Loop is formed by two roads, north and south, both traveling east from different points of the Hwy 205 and completing the loop by connecting in the summit area of the mountain. The north access road to the … Continue reading
Shaped like a small mountain chain, on a 45 degree angle running northeast to southwest, the Steens Mountain is tall enough and distinct enough from other geographical features in the area. It can be viewed from many miles away. It … Continue reading
“You can go from here to the ocean on dirt roads only” was something I heard from a few riders as soon as I moved to Eugene in 2005 and started inquiring about dirt roads for day rides in the … Continue reading
Except when I’m out of town, every Sunday this summer has been devoted to that Ducati Streetfighter hooligan machine. One other exception has been when Doug and Riley call inviting for a ride with the dirt machines. Checking the oil, … Continue reading
Dry weather on the forecast for the weekend and I get a call from Doug on Thursday asking whether I wanted to go riding. Riley suggests we go back to the High Pass area. He reports the snow is gone … Continue reading
Finally I can report here the first ride of the year. And what a ride it was, what a great way to start the new riding season! Before the weekend I had checked the weather forecast and those wise people … Continue reading