Check my other posts:
- 603,974 hits
- The 2017 BMW R NineT Scrambler is here!
- A Ducati Multistrada 939?
- The Honda CB500X Adventure – Part 5: Riding it on Death Valley – Is it an adventure motorcycle?
- The Honda CB500X Adventure – Part 4: Riding it on Death Valley – first impressions
- A KTM, a Ducati, and a Yamaha walk into a mid-size adventure bar…
Top Posts & Pages
- 2017 BMW R NineT Scrambler - First Look
- XTZ 700 - Yamaha's new mid-size Ténéré
- Riding the BMW R nineT
- Riding the 2014 Water-Cooled BMW R1200GS
- Ducati Monster 696 - Test ride and review
- Riding the 2016 Ducati Multistrada DVT
- Riding the 2016 Scrambler Ducati
- A Ducati Multistrada 939?
- Riding the 2016 BMW S1000XR
- Kevin Ash Dies in Accident at the 2013 BMW R1200GS Press Launch
Monthly Archives: July 2011
It is time to go home. Before I started last stretch of the trip back home, I followed a path towards the beach, to say good bye to the ocean. Here it is. Looks like my South Atlantic. Cold, windy, … Continue reading
It was a great night of sleep again. Nothing like being on vacation and waking up naturally, with no pressure whatsoever. Meet Otto, the proprietor of the Westport Inn. 85 and all, he is keeping it going. Otto offered coffee … Continue reading
I like to check the general stores along the road. This one was in Elk, CA. I would like to mention one thing about traveling on Hwy 1 and 101: the number of bicyclists traveling long distance along the road. … Continue reading
Where was I? Yes, Tamales Bay. The fog on the distance, where the Ocean is. From Tamales Bay I continued north, the road distances from the Ocean for a while. I stopped for photos in several of the small communities … Continue reading
I woke up from a great night of sleep, had enough coffee and cake (whatever was free at the hotel) to jump start my day, packed the bike and left at about 8:00 am. I figured at that time, going … Continue reading
I woke up to the sound of rain. Or so I thought. The campsite was under tall pine trees that formed a canopy several feet high. I could hear a somewhat regular tapping sound of water hitting on the tent … Continue reading
Day 1: Eugene, OR to Trinidad, CA (328 miles / 525 Km) I left Eugene on July 24th. I would have 5 days to go to San Francisco, cross the Golden Gate Bridge, turn around and be back in Eugene … Continue reading
A few memorable or common quotes from this trip: “I didn’t know Triumph made this type of motorcycle” “Do I have to pay?” “Are you going to the moon?” “She is just swimming in circles under the bridge” Wildlife viewed … Continue reading
To summarize, I collected the bike July 8th and did not home until it already had 230 miles on the clock. The following day another 236 miles. I little bit more is necessary to take the bike back to the … Continue reading